The Importance of Analysis in Applied Behavior Analysis
Learn about analysis and how it’s applied in the analysis of behavior.
Time: 2 hours, 17 minutes
Credit: 2.5 type-2 BACB CEs
Presenter: Henry D. Schlinger Jr., Ph.D., BCBA-D
Discusses the meaning of the term analysis both generally and within behavior analysis, including whether analysis is a consistent part of much that passes for applied behavior analysis (ABA); lists and describes seven ways analysis can be incorporated into ABA. Looks at the origin and meaning of the term experimental analysis, compares it to the term functional analysis and addresses the question: To what extent is the analytic dimension of applied behavior analysis (ABA) present in applied behavior analytic research and practice? Describes the role of analysis in applied behavior analytic research. Discusses seven levels of experimental analysis practitioners can carry out to better understand the behaviors of their clients and the people in the client’s life.
- Describe what it means to call oneself a behavior analyst.
- Identify and list the three branches of behavior analysis and the place of analysis in each.
- Describe the origin of the term analysis in behavior analysis.
- Describe how the term analysis and similar terms (e.g., experimental analysis, functional analysis) in ABA are typically used.
- List the seven dimensions of ABA and say what the analytic dimension is and how it is related to the problem of reliability.
- Describe the contributions to the concept of functional analysis by Skinner, Iwata et al.
- Describe three ways that research and practice in ABA should be closely related.
- Describe the importance of analysis in any treatment program.
- Describe the role of analysis in applied behavior analytic research compared to the evolution of technologies of behavior change.
- Describe what is meant by technology.
- Describe what researchers mean by a technical drift in ABA.
- Describe the general positions of several behavior-analytic researchers on the so-called technical drift in ABA.
- Describe seven areas of possible analysis relevant to any treatment program.
- Describe the possible role of autism, the expanded diagnostic category of autism spectrum disorders and the BACB on the lack of (experimental) analysis in ABA.
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking “Enroll Now” will take you to Florida Tech’s website where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses and content.
- The Importance of Analysis in Applied Behavior Analysis