Anger and aggression: Foster care population
As Karin Torsiello says, anger and aggression are to be expected in clinical practice and so it is important to learn and address these behaviors in the foster care population. Karin Torsiello discusses the expression of anger and aggression in children, where this may originate, the influence of trauma, and how to treat and manage anger and aggression. This presentation ends by offering tools and activities for providers to use or give to guardians of children to assist in managing anger and aggression.
What you’ll learn in the course and be able to do afterward
- List the truths to remember discussed in this course
- Describe the three types of stress
- List the types of aggression
- Discuss PTSD and anger
- Describe some proactive strategies to reducing aggression
- List the 3 steps to gain compliance
- List some anger management skills
- Know to create and use tools/activities to help manage anger
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking "Enroll Now" will take you to Florida Tech’s website where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses, and content.