Current Issues with Visual Analysis of Data: How Errors in Graph Construction Can Lead to Errors in Decision Making
Dr. Salvador Ruiz aims to present current issues with visual analysis of data through explanations of what visual analysis is and its key features: effective, analytic, and generality. He starts by discussing errors in graphs which impact the evaluation of treatment and determination of when to intervene. In addition, violation of graph structure like scaling, labeling axes, tick marks, data points, and condition labels can also affect visual analysis as well as differences in reliability.
- What you’ll learn in the course and be able to do afterward
- Describe rules for appropriately constructing graphs.
- Identify errors in graph construction.
- List supports for visual analysis and how they assist Behavior Analysis.
- Analyze data on appropriately constructed graphs.
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking "Enroll Now" will take you to Florida Tech’s website where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses, and content.