ACHIEVE: A Day Program for Children with Behavioral Disabilities
All children are capable of learning new and more adaptive ways of behaving. So, we don’t write children off and remain continuously optimistic that children can develop new patterns of behaving that are prosocial and are going to lead to their success in a mainstream environment
ACHIEVE is a program for students who have moderate to severe emotional and behavioral disabilities. These disabilities may interfere with learning where a general classroom setting is not beneficial for the accompanying behavioral challenges. This program builds a foundation on evidence-based behavior analytic practices that provide mental health services and treatment with a goal to re-enter students back into regular classrooms. The core of ACHIEVE shows an emphasis on positive reinforcement, clear and fair structure, frequent reinforcement, and consistent application of the rules. Bud Mace clarifies the effectiveness of this program through his detailed explanation of all the program components, behavioral protocols, preventative and reactive measures, and data- based supervision for program integrity. This program not only provides intervention in academic environments but also provides individual therapy to every student, family therapy, and home-based services to make the effects of the intervention last beyond the program.
What you’ll learn in the course and be able to do afterward
- Given a detailed overview of the Achieve! program you will be able to
- a. define the program mission;
- b. define and describe the five program components;
- c. explain two examples of preventative measures used in this program;
- d. explain two examples of reactive measures used in this program;
- e. list five key components to include in behavior protocols;
- f. list the 3 phases of the program.
2. Given empirical research exhibiting the success of the program, you will be able to
- a.describe the measurements used to report the 18-month outcome data;
- b.list five success factors that contribute to the program’s effectiveness.
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking "Enroll Now" will take you to Florida Tech’s website where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses, and content.