ICYMI: ABA in Dementia Care- 2014 Literature Review
Approximately 50 million people worldwide are diagnosed with Dementia. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), this number is expected to grow by 10 million new cases every year, which gives Dementia the status of public health and social priority” (WHO, 2016). Given the prevalence of this diagnosis, behavioral research and practice has gained influence over the last decade, focusing on Antecedent manipulation, communication training, satiation, and deprivation. Dr. Trahan breaks down some of the most significant research on these areas and encourages scientists-practitioners to take a closer look at the promising findings that could make a substantial impact on the treatment of Dementia.
What you’ll learn in the course and be able to do afterward
- Describe the impact of this diagnosis worldwide providing data from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- List the most recurrent behaviors that comprise dementia
- Categorize topics published: challenging behavior, verbal behavior, complex learning behavior
- Identify the need for research on this area and its opportunities
- Formulate a discussion based on the results of the presented research
- Identify further research opportunities
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking "Enroll Now" will take you to Florida Tech’s website where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses, and content.