Six Common Teaching Mistakes and What to Do Instead
Teachers, behavior analysts, parents, and caregivers are always teaching children something. Do you fall into that category? Once you regularly start teaching children, it’s easy to fall into a rhythm or routine of how and when to teach. We can often put on our blinders and keep doing what we’re doing, while other more effective strategies might be out there. Dr. Bill Heward is aware of this very problem. Take a pause on teaching and join Dr. Heward in this course to learn some evidence-based methods for teaching and how to address common teaching mistakes.
What you’ll learn in the course and be able to do afterward
Dr. Heward shares six common teaching mistakes and explains how to
- identify examples of mistakes being committed in a teaching episode;
- understand the reasons why each mistake is a potential problem;
- utilize alternative strategies such as Active Student Responding, choral responding, response cards, guided notes, and structured worksheets;
- identify examples and non-examples of how to use each strategy;
- understand why and when to use each alternative strategy.
This course is delivered through Florida Tech. Clicking "Enroll Now" will take you to Florida Tech’s website, where you can Add to Cart, Checkout, and complete the course. Come back to our website for podcasts, blogs, courses, and content.