Fifty Lessons to Enrich Your Life
Proven Principles From Psychological Science
This unique teaching/learning resource was created to enhance the reader’s interpersonal relations at home, at work, at school, and throughout the community. It’s a Life Coach Guide—based on research-based evidence from psychological science that reveals secrets for beneficial self-awareness, interpersonal acumen, and continuous improvement. More specifically, this self-help manual was designed to:
- Inspire quality teaching/learning conversations among diverse groups of individuals of all ages—anyone interested in applying psychological science to enrich personal and interpersonal well-being;
- Understand, appreciate, and enrich the human dynamics of everyday life. The focus is on circumstances that involve human behavior, ranging from educational settings and the workplace to the home—all life situations we encounter daily;
- Engage students, employees, and family members in teaching/learning conversations about the psychology of health, safety, and relationship-building;
- Enhance human welfare and well-being;
- Reduce interpersonal conflict and bullying; and
Improve work productivity, environmental conservation, and life satisfaction.
E. Scott Geller, Ph.D., Alumni Distinguished Professor at Virginia Tech (VT), is co-founder and senior partner of Safety Performance Solutions, Inc. For more than 50 years, Professor Geller has taught and conducted research as a faculty member and director of the Center for Applied Behavior Systems in the Department of Psychology at VT. He is the author, co-author, or editor of numerous books, book chapters, magazine articles, and research articles addressing the development and evaluation of behavior-change interventions to improve quality of life on a large scale. Dr. Geller is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Association for Psychological Science, the Association of Behavior Analysis International, and the World Academy of Productivity and Quality Sciences.