BBS Essentials®: An Introduction to Safety Basics
The purpose of this course is to introduce learners to BBS Essentials®—the basics of behavior-based safety and the process of Values-Based Safety®, and the behavior-analytic principles that underlie both..
This sequence gives learners an understanding of what behavior-based safety is—how it works, why it works, and how it is implemented in Values-Based-Safety®, a proprietary process developed by Quality Safety Edge, an industry leader in behavior-based safety solutions.
This introductory course is appropriate for learners from diverse professional backgrounds—business leaders, frontline workers, OBM consultants, safety professionals, behavioral practitioners—who want to learn about behavior-based safety and how they can apply it in their work or workplace.
- Why improving workplace safety and safety culture matters
- What the most common workplace safety challenges are
- What a safety plateau is
- What behavior-based safety is and how it can help you move past a safety plateau
- What scientific evidence we have to show the effectiveness of behavior-based safety
- What Values-Based-Safety® is
- Who participates in the Values-Based-Safety® process
- What the key steps are in implementing Values-Based-Safety®
- How Values-Based-Safety® improves workplace culture and safety outcomes
- What common mistakes to avoid when implementing Values-Based-Safety®
- What next steps to take to implement Values-Based-Safety® in your workplace